Thursday, July 13, 2006

Essence of Life!

Music....the Essence of Life

I always say that my father must have foreseen my love for music when he named me Melody. The soundtrack to my life is a mix of eclectic genres...

Hip Hop, R&B, Gospel, Pop, Country, Trip Hop, Old School, Neo Soul, Blues, Jazz, Broadway....Almost any music genreI can listen to, identify with....on some level.

What is it about a song that brings you to a place in your life? I love how Gospel music enlightens me, comforts me in times of pain or stress, and gives me strength in dark hours.

I can hear Dangerously in Love by Beyonce and I cry because she expresses how I feel through her voice...I get a tingle in my nose when I hear songs like that, when I connect emotionally to it, like Stand Up by Jennifer Hudson.

Music is so expressive! Sometimes I just want to hear some 80's Dance music...a little Lisa Lisa & the Cult Jam or some country with the Dixie Chicks...Prince, Whitney, Patti, Justin, Stevie, Temptations, Music Music Music...the Essence of Life!

I love movies about music and musicians...The Five Heartbeats, The Temptations, Lady Sings the Blues, Introducing Dorothy DandridgeWhat's Love Got to do With It, Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Ray, Walk the Line...if it is about music...I'm on it! Not to mention DREAMGIRLS!!! Coming this Christmas...

Top 5 Songs of the Moment:
SexyBack
- Justin Timberlake
Deja Vu - Beyonce' (Just caught the video, which I think is HOT! Filmed in New Orleans...I like it, it's different, especially the end dance sequence)
Seated at the Right Hand of God - Tye Tribbett & G.A.
Maneater - Nelly Furtado ft. Lil Wayne
Butterfly - Corinne Bailey Rae

In Other News:

CLICK HERE to see the commercial for Fantasia's Lifetime movie, Life is Not a Fairytale...looks pretty good, looks like she pulled off some decent acting...comes on August 9th.

Method Man put Wendy Williams on BLAST for spillng the beans on his wife being sick, which she wanted to keep private and had kept it private from even her immediate family until Wendy Williams found out and mentioned it on her on show...Check out the video...Meth seems quite upset, as we all would be!

Flavor of Love is BACK!!...the new season along with the new season of Celebrity Fit Club, are set to air next month on VH1's CelebReality...I hope that Miss NY makes a visit...drama shall ensue and I can't wait to see it all!!


Here's Danity Kane on the set of their first video for Showstoppers...As I predicited (I'm so smart...and it was so predictable) Yung Joc is on the single version...I suspect he's in the video as well...so that should be out soon on MTV and BET...

I dispise Ne-Yo, wanna be Usher ass...just not a fan...anyway here he is with American Idol's Corey Clark (the one with the scandal with Paula Abdul) on Apollo...uggh they were (and still are in my book) WACK!! LOL...check it out!

0 comments: