Tuesday, January 24, 2006

First week of school

Lawd, the first week is over! Only two classes but I wanted to get a feel of how going back would be. I am taking English 3593: Survey of women in fiction and Sociology 2001: Intro Sociology. My teachers are polar opposites!.

My english teacher is a little nutty to say the least, very sarcastic (which I like), but she is tough. She said if you plan to miss one class (granted it is a night class that meets only 14 times the whole semester) you can plan on not or barely passing. DAMN!! Lord forbid you get sick. The second class was foolishness. Of the 3 hours of class, she rambled for one 3rd of it plus a wasted 30 minutes of going around telling our names and our mother's names, lectured for another 3rd and with a break we only talked for 25 minutes about the book we read for class. It did go by fast though.

My sociology teacher is a bit off as well (like most professors, must be something in the paint on the walls) but I can hang with him. His rules: no cell phone calls, but texting is cool. You don't HAVE to come to class, but it helps. Only need to come for tests, of which he give a non-comprehensive final (which is really just the 3rd exam that is taken during finals week because "the university make him"). Hey, that works for me :)

So I have already written my first paper for my english class, 3 page essay. I completed the night before. I think I did a good job, but I'm anticipating seeing how she felt about it.

0 comments: