Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Why I Love Jamie Foxx


Any man that can make me laugh hysterically, bring drama to life, play the hell out of a piano, and can sing to me is top on my list.

I downloaded the new song Unpredictable from his upcoming album and I love it. I have listened to it about 15 times already today and I am sure I'll play it all the way home. He can actually sing, is a true musician, can really act, and is very funny. On top of that, he's fine as hell.

What more can you ask for?? I have been a huge fan of his. I watched the Jamie Foxx Show faithfully, just happy that he was back on the scene after In Living Color ended. It was no Seinfeld or Cosby Show, but he was always the life of the show. He comedic timing and delivery was just always on point. Though not all of his movies have been blockbusters but they've always been a hit with me.

When he got the role in Any Given Sunday, it showed everyone that he wasn't a one-trick pony. I knew he could sing as well, seeing that I was one of the few hundred thousand that actually listened to his first album Peep This, which is still to me a pretty good CD. I still listen to it today (I have it on my iPod too!).

I just can't get enough of him. I mean, I really think he is doing what only few have done and not many have accomplished in recent times, that is be great at everything he does. He has been a comic with sellout tours, a TV show that lasted more than one or two seasons, blockbuster movies, Academy Award winner (one of only 3 that have ever accomplished winning best actor), and a gauranteed hit CD. JLo has tried, Will is great, but it is clearly not an easy feat and it seems like only the beginning for him. It like we got to see him grow and I've personally followed his career and so it seems like I almost know him.


Bottomline, I love him!!

0 comments: